Pages

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Warhammer? We don't need no stinking Warhammer!

Hello all!

In an attempt to keep my enthusiasm high, I will post up a running account of my adventures in the world of Arcana! (With the possibility of some other wargaming bits thrown in along the way). Until recently I have always been a massive Warhammer player, I started collecting and gaming with 3rd edition back in the late 80's when I was 12 and have never stopped until about 12 months ago. As such I have amassed what I believe to be a fairly extensive collection over the years.

Essentially, without trying to turn this into a whine-fest, I fell out of love with warhammer due to 3 main reasons. Firstly, the cost was becoming increasingly outlandish. Secondly, I was fed up of older figures becoming totally useless with each new army book/edition. And finally I just felt that the game was becoming so dominated by stupid rules/units/monsters/characters/magic (delete as appropriate) that it just wasn't fun to play anymore.

That said, the 1 aspect of warhammer that I did still love was "THE SPECTACLE"! I admit it, the sight of 2 loving crafted armies battling over beautiful terrain really stirs my geek’s heart.

So, what I needed was a new game that allowed me to use my vast back catalogue of figures and pit them against each other in glorious (and ideally fast, uncomplicated) battle. Step up Armies of Arcana!

Together with my long time gaming buddy Ade, another ex-warhammerite, we took the decision to drop Warhammer from our gaming itinerary and instead throw our collective might (and believe me, collectively we are mighty indeed!) into AoA. What follows will be our journey into this new and slightly scary dimension.


StokeRogue


No comments:

Post a Comment